Friday, October 1, 2010

Administrative

Hello, all.

My name is Ed MacMillan and I thought I might as well introduce myself as well. I graduated in '08 with my PhD in Musicology from Wesleyan University, with the dissertation "Elements of Aleatory Procedure via Graphical Ambiguity in Roscoe Willis's 'Ink Blot' Compositions 1959-1961."
Before that I did my Masters at Princeton and my undergraduate, which was actually in construction management, at Case Western Reserve. That's a long story, so Roscoe asked me not to take up any space here with it.

Above all, I just want to say that I'm honored to have the opportunity to moderate this blog for Mr. Willis. I came to know and love his music about a decade ago when our university orchestra took a stab at playing "Knifewerk"; it certainly proved to be beyond their abilities, but I for one was hooked, and tracked down a recording at the nearest Tower Records. The rest, as they say, is history.  Meeting him this past April was particularly exciting.  Since I graduated from Wesleyan, I've been doing itinerant freelance writing for some musical journals and looking for a professorial post somewhere -- preferably tenure track, but -- well, again, let's not forget who's blog this is. I hope you all get as much out of Roscoe's wit and wisdom as I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment