Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Minor Fall, Everything OK

I figured news of this would probably get out sooner or later, so I'll go ahead and let everyone know that Roscoe is just fine; this evening he tripped over a five-pound weight he'd left lying by the bed and took a nasty little fall.
These things can be deadly
Fortunately I came by about a half hour later on my way back from the New York Public Library, where I often spend my day when I've got research to do for an article, and sometimes when I don't. I tried to help him up, but he seemed a bit delirious, so I decided just to go ahead and call 911. He didn't suffer any serious injuries and is resting for a day before he goes back home. Meanwhile I've been treated for some shallow bite wounds in my calf and ankles, but likewise it appears that I'll be fine.

In fact, I think I saw him writing something down for the blog, so hopefully we won't go too long without another Roscoe Willis gem. Meanwhile, it might be time to get him something to press to get help if this happens again.
Can't remember what the thing is called, though


No comments:

Post a Comment